Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

3x3 tournament rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrothWolf
Founder
Founder
FrothWolf

Clan Points : 86

3x3 tournament rules Empty
PostSubject: 3x3 tournament rules   3x3 tournament rules I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 9:25 am

3v3 Arena Sneak Preview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is planned for the upcoming 3v3 Arena patch scheduled for this Wednesday night.
Any level 20+ player can form an arena team for 25k gold.
The arenas have no other level restrictions. It is unlikely that low level teams will be able to advance very far in arena ratings, but that will not stop them from being able to reap some rewards from the special PvP tempers bought with arena tokens. All level 20+ players are encouraged to participate in arenas.
The arena team leader (the one who formed the team) can then invite two members to join his arena team.
Players cannot be in more than one arena team.
To queue for an arena match a team must be grouped together. Players are free to do whatever they like while in the queue waiting for the match to pop, however, it is recommended that they avoid potential PvP combat. The queue mechanism allows for immediate exiting of PvE combat but not PvP combat so a player stuck in PvP combat when a queue pops may cause their team to lose or forfeit the match.
Players who interrupt PvE combat to enter an arena queue will have the rested time spent in that PvE combat refunded to them. The arena system is designed to not cost you any RT time or infringe on leveling efficiency.
Players always enter and exit arena matches with full health, energy, and mana which may actually increase potential leveling speed. Due to the randomness and time delays in arena queues players should not be able to exploit this to any unreasonable gain, however.
After a 3v3 arena match the victorious team will have their arena rating increased and the losing team will potentially lose some rating. Rating is only lost when teams reach a reasonably high rating of around 500.
In addition to gaining arena rating individuals receive an arena token every time they win a match. Arena tokens will be used to purchase tempers, a new type of item upgrade that adds additional health bonuses to weapons and armor. Higher grade tempers will require minimum arena ratings in order to purchase and all will be soulbound upon purchase.
Arenas will have their own tops lists showing the highest rated teams. Teams will have their own webpage showing their win/loss ratio as well as the results of their most recent match-ups.
The arena matchmaking system will attempt to prevent the same teams from fighting each other repeatedly while still matching teams of similar ratings to each other.
Each arena season will last several months afterwhich the arena ratings will be reset and the winners of that season will be crowned.
Unrelated patch changes
Rerolling will now remove you from your clan(s) and arena team. This is necessary to prevent certain clan data synchronization issues.
An issue with aura timing that could on rare occasion have them not be effective for a split second when an enemy was attacking has been fixed.
Founder
Founder
FrothWolf

PostSubject: Prizes   3x3 tournament rules I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 10:07 am

Upcoming Patch: 3v3 Arenas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On April 21st a patch is scheduled that will add 3v3 arenas to the game. Players who wish to participate will need to form teams of 3 which will compete throughout the season for top rank. Seasons will last 2-3 months and at the end players will earn permanent achievements based on their rank. In later seasons we have plans on also rewarding players with special weapons, armor, or gems. Participating in arena matches will also earn your clans territory and dominance.
Back to top Go down
https://unionofnod.forumotion.net
FrothWolf
Founder
Founder
FrothWolf

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 tournament rules   3x3 tournament rules I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 12:01 pm

I still have a lot of questions, the main one being if we were to field a team with a range of 20 levels, just how would that match with other groups. My guess is it would be random, but not sure.
Back to top Go down
https://unionofnod.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 tournament rules   3x3 tournament rules I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:32 pm

I read the forum posts (Nodiatis forum) on this and I'm disappointed that teams have to be formed for a lengthy period of time. I can't commit to a routine schedule, which means I am going to have to sit out of the tourneys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Tournaments   3x3 tournament rules I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:04 am

As I am uncertain what my new work schedule will be upon moving....it is hard to say at this point whether I will be available to do tourneys yet. Here's hoping......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3x3 tournament rules   3x3 tournament rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3x3 tournament rules
Page 1 of 1