Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nodiatis War Games

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Nodiatis War Games Empty
PostSubject: Nodiatis War Games   Nodiatis War Games I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:45 am

We got into a discussion in clan chat last night about our decaying territory and dominance, and the fact that we're going to need to take a look at war, whether real or alt, in order to be able to maintain Rank 3 runes for the clan. Real war comes with no guarantees, alt wars are boring, so we came up with an idea for a third option that Deaucalion dubbed War Games.

The idea is this. We kick the current alts out of Bliss temporarily, divide Union into two teams of 10 players who are matched as closely as possible in level and skill, and appoint one member of each team captain. One captain takes his team into Bliss, the other stays in Union, and we have at each other in clan battle. Nobody has to stand around and let their character be killed - Bliss team can and should fight as hard and as well as they can. Both clans will generate RP, territory and dominance for whatever period of time we decide, then all members return to Union, alts go back into the clan and we have the option of finishing off the war the "traditional" way, all to the benefit of Union.

I really like the idea - it gives us a chance to test our mettle in real combat against people we know and like, so there's no chance of bad blood as a result. And it gives us a much less boring way to generate the territory and dominance that we need to provide decent runes for our members.

So...what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Baalrukh

Baalrukh

Clan Points : 28

Nodiatis War Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nodiatis War Games   Nodiatis War Games I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:35 pm

Which side will I be on? xD
Back to top Go down

Nodiatis War Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nodiatis War Games   Nodiatis War Games I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:47 pm

MINE! lol Smile

I'm not one of the captains though so I guess I don't have a say. :p
Back to top Go down

Nodiatis War Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nodiatis War Games   Nodiatis War Games I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:36 am

Hadn't thought of the RP cost initially, but yeah I think we can trade off 100K RP for the terr and dom that would be gained. I can help fund the war from Bliss' end, as we will need to purchase RP there as well to make it work.

Depending on how we divide up the groups the rune thing might not be an issue.

*Edit* You know, really the people we need to hear from are the ones who don't have access to runes outside of Union. I've been assuming that everyone wants to keep the +3 that we have active currently, and perhaps expand a little on that...but maybe I'm off base.
Back to top Go down

Nodiatis War Games Empty
PostSubject: ~ WAR ~   Nodiatis War Games I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 10:55 am

I say we have a real war!! There are clans out there looking for them, and I'm sure there's a few we could easily beat! Yes real wars are tougher....as u need to seek out the opponents, BUT at the same time are FAR more fun due to the adrenaline and uncertainty.

If we go alt war.....it had best be planned WELL...and with 100% participation.
Back to top Go down

Nodiatis War Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nodiatis War Games   Nodiatis War Games I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:37 pm

Do you think we have enough members who would actively war, though? I'm just not sure who would be in and who would be out.

Me, I'm up for it. I'd really REALLY love it if we could do it in April as opposed to this month because I have to get myself ready to move at the end of the month, so I will be active less and less as the 31st approaches. But I'm game.
Back to top Go down

Nodiatis War Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nodiatis War Games   Nodiatis War Games I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:09 pm

I know I'd personally prefer a real war......but I suppose I can settle for killing alts if I absolutely must...... It's just dull....and lacks any real talent or excitement.
Back to top Go down

Nodiatis War Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nodiatis War Games   Nodiatis War Games I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:26 pm

Oh I agree, alt wars suck. I don't want to do the traditional alt war, personally. I will move over to Bliss and fight back Smile I doubt I'll win unless I catch you AFK, but still, it'll be more fun that way.
Back to top Go down

Nodiatis War Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nodiatis War Games   Nodiatis War Games I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:31 pm

Don't go to Bliss...... Bliss is a dead cell. Also It will cost us RP to transfer people......which is counter-productive
Back to top Go down
Deaucalion
Officer
Officer
Deaucalion

Clan Points : 17

Nodiatis War Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nodiatis War Games   Nodiatis War Games I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:11 pm

Hi all, I agree with ari..A real war would be more fun..the uncertainty of it all and the thrill of the win cheers .I am structuring deau for pvp. Spending gold for territory, rp and dominance is ok if we have to. We need to find a clan that is close in ranks and go for it. April is good for me too.
Back to top Go down
FrothWolf
Founder
Founder
FrothWolf

Clan Points : 86

Nodiatis War Games Empty
PostSubject: New Clan war rules   Nodiatis War Games I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 2:20 pm

The following changes have been made to the clan battle system:
You can no longer force a clan battle on someone who is more than 10 levels below you or anyone in your group.
You will receive a warning after forcing a clan battle on someone who is grouped with someone else who is more than 10 levels above you.
Players cannot form groups while in the middle of any PvP combat to prevent circumvention of these level restrictions.
Back to top Go down
https://unionofnod.forumotion.net

Nodiatis War Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nodiatis War Games   Nodiatis War Games I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 1:31 am

This is why I believe a REAL war would be a good way to gain the terr and dom needed. As long as we can hold our own against others in our level range there should be no problems.
Back to top Go down
FrothWolf
Founder
Founder
FrothWolf

Clan Points : 86

Nodiatis War Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nodiatis War Games   Nodiatis War Games I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:21 pm

I've polled the majority of the clan save 2 members. As it stands now, we have 15 members willing to fight a real war. more than enough to carry the vote. Those not interested will be temporarily demoted to civilian rank and may continue as before. However, they will be asked to act as spotters for us, letting us know when they run across an enemy.

Please, in your travels, talk to other clans and see if they are, or if they know of any clans looking for a war. Tell them to contact me, or pass their names to me. I will be spending the next week looking for a suitable opponent.
Back to top Go down
https://unionofnod.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Nodiatis War Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nodiatis War Games   Nodiatis War Games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nodiatis War Games
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Union :: Updates :: Clan Wars-
Jump to: