Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TC usage - what gives the best "buck for bang" ratio?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Baalrukh

Baalrukh

Clan Points : 28

TC usage - what gives the best "buck for bang" ratio? Empty
PostSubject: TC usage - what gives the best "buck for bang" ratio?   TC usage - what gives the best "buck for bang" ratio? I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:45 pm

Hey people!

I've had a few conversations with clannies and non-clannies about TC use and decided to briefly outline the "best" (read: most efficient) ways of using TCs.

1 - Standard time, 1 TC = 28h rt.
This is by far the best way to use TCs when you don't have too many of 'em.

UPSIDES:
- 1 extra hour of rt every day
- Can use the AH
- 1 extra gem slot
- 1 extra rune slot
- double learning speed
- 5 extra inventory slots
DOWNSIDES:
- ONLY 1h extra rt!!!
- it gets addictive (I don't think anyone can go back to being an N after using standard)

2 - Premium time, 1 TC = 22.4h rt (when buying premium with 10 TCs at once - it gives 11.2 days premium time for each TC, as opposed to 10 days when buying it "one by one").
This is my personal favourite - lots of rt and not that expensive when you think of it.

UPSIDES:
- same as standard +
- 1 additional hour of rt every day
- can use Travel Mode (if you have grinder upgrade)
- using Travel Mode allows to always keep some rrt, so that on a new day you receive more rrt than the usual 3h (right now I get over 3.5h every day when I let it rollover)
- 1 extra rune slot
- 1 extra gem slot
- 5 extra inventory slots
- triple (as opposed to double) learning speed
DOWNSIDES:
- a bit more expensive than standard (25% more expensive when it comes to cost per hour of RT)
- it gets addictive (I wouldn't be able to play without premium any more)

3 - Burning TCs, 1 TC = 6h rt (7h if you have grinder).
Only crazy people do this. I have never burnt a single TC and I never will. It's green because it makes me sick! Burning TCs is bad for you! It's like burning money irl! Do you burn real money? Probably not. Why would you burn TCs?!

UPSIDES:
- you don't have to wait for your rt - it's there immediately
- can be used if you have too much free time on your hands to farm trophies, sell them, but another TC, farm trophies, sell them... well, you know what I'm getting at...
DOWNSIDES:
- it's LAME
- it gets addictive (even more so than standard or premium)
- it's EXTREMELY expensive (367% more expensive than standard time and 273% more expensive than premium time)
- it's LAME!

My personal recommendation:
Use TCs to buy premium with 10 of them at once. I was sceptical at first, but then I've found the joys of rolling over my rrt and using TM to get travel experience, as well as helping clannies, duelling, farming epics on heroic mode, PLing clannies, doing some resourcing, etc.)

Hope this helps - never hesitate to ask follow-up questions.
Back to top Go down

TC usage - what gives the best "buck for bang" ratio?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Union :: Nodiatis Help & Tutorials-
Jump to: