Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

De-levelling for free...? So, how did that go again...?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Baalrukh

Baalrukh

Clan Points : 28

De-levelling for free...? So, how did that go again...? Empty
PostSubject: De-levelling for free...? So, how did that go again...?   De-levelling for free...? So, how did that go again...? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 2:49 pm

Heya clannies!

Yet another tutorial for me. Today we look at how to delevel for free, how to do it properly, and why do it at all...?

Usually, delevelling involves dropping a few levels of a skill that is least necessary (for warriors it may be magic, for vamires it may be regen, etc) in order to stay on the same level or even drop a few levels.

IMPORTANT:
The maximum you can drop is 3 levels below your maximum level EVER achieved.
In other words, once you reach level 20, you can NEVER go below 17. Once you reach 21, you can NEVER go below 18. Once you reach level 80, you can NEVER go below 77.

Now, as to "why?" one would want to delevel.
Certain areas contain particularly good drops. Others may wish to stay in a certain area since the distribution of trophies (combats:spirits) suits them most. ALternatively, it's often worth staying a bit longer in an area to get stronger and achieve mob kills below a minute (for yellow/orange mobs) before moving on. This prevents you from over-levelling and being stuck in an area killing white mobs in 90 seconds. To avoid this and remain at your current level you may level the non-levelling skills (such as CE, CS, etc.), or you may choose to delevel.

How to delevel for free?
It's quite simple. Once you decide you want to stay at a certain level (I stayed on 59 for over 2 months in Arena Isle, stayed in Skelly for over a month at 34), make sure you do not pass that level by more than 3 levels. Otherwise you will not be able to delevel far enough to reach the optimal level you desired.
Here are the basic steps to follow:
  1. Select the skill you want to delevel. It has to be either Melee, Defence, Magic, or Recovery.
  2. Right-click on the skill and choose the "redistribute" option for the menu. You'll have to pay some gold, so make sure you are redistributing the correct stat!
  3. After pressing "yes" a box will appear asking you to redistribute your points in the stat that you decided to redistribute. Please note, this is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: you do NOT distribute ANY points! Close that box, it's evil and it just wants you to waste gold. Once again - if you want to delevel for free, do NOT distribute the points. I can't emphasize it enough, if you add even 1 stupid point in the stat you want to delevel, you will have to pay the redistrubution fee once again - you do NOT want that.
  4. Once you closed the box, right-click the stat you want to delevel and select the "Untrain 1 skill point" option. Did it work? If not, then you were stupid enough to add some points in that stat. I told you NOT to do it. If it worked then you can pat yourself on the back (alternatively, treat yourself to some chocolate / icecream).
  5. You can continue delevelling this stat now FOREVER for FREE! There is only one simple rule you have to follow: NEVER DISTRIBUTE ANY POINTS IN THAT STAT! Let me repeat this - if you add even ONE stupid point in the stat, you'll have to pay for redistribution again. This obviously goes against the "free" part of this delevelling tutorial.
  6. Each time you gain a skill in any of the remaining skills, you can simply untrain 1 skill in the stat you left undistributed so that you can stay on the same level. Alternatively, if you want to level up fast, you can level the undistributed skill once its on a low level as to avoid exp penalties in trophy burning and then delevel it again - it's free after all! The way I'm doing it now if I'm staying 1 stat-level-up away from 75, once I'm going to Town to burn trophies in skills that are above my level, I quickly gain a few levels in recovery (it costs me just a few fights in travel mode) and I can decrease the penalty on burning my trophies.

Please note:
Each and every time you'll gain a level or log into the game, the evil box will pop up trying to trick you into spending some points in our undistributed stat. You smack that box around and show it who's the boss. You decide what to do, not the stupid box. Your points have to remain undistributed, ALL of them! You get fooled by the box once and distribute even one point in that stat... BAM! You have to pay the redistribution fee again.
Don't let the "redistribute me" box outsmart you.

Hope this makes things clear and will allow you to save up some gold.
Please keep this to yourself. I do not want it to go out of this forum/clan.
I quite enjoy seeing high-levels spending millions of gold on delevelling. It's important that a lot of gold leaves the economy of NOD, so it's in our interest to see other NOD players continuously spending gold on stat redistribution. Thanks!

If you find the above helpful, please "merci" me Smile
Back to top Go down

De-levelling for free...? So, how did that go again...?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Union :: Nodiatis Help & Tutorials-
Jump to: