Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Epics, epics... All about epic drops!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Baalrukh

Baalrukh

Clan Points : 28

Epics, epics... All about epic drops! Empty
PostSubject: Epics, epics... All about epic drops!   Epics, epics... All about epic drops! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:08 pm

Heya clannies!

Thought you might find this small tutorial useful.
What is it about you may ask... The answer is simple: how to get the best epics!

For starters, we will distinguish between two groups of people:
  1. "I hate technology!!"
  2. "I love technology!!"

People who feel that group 1 describes them better need to grab a hold of pen and paper.
The ones who associate themselves with group 2 should open an excel spreadsheet (I use open office, no need to pay Bill to use excel).

The whole idea is really simple. What you have to do is write down every one of your drops - including the date and amount of RT/RRT used since the previous drop (should be easy for people not burning TCs... and TC burning is evil anyways, so don't do it kids!).

[EXTREMELY IMPORTANT]
Drops are defined as equipment ONLY (armour pieces, weapons, pets, etc).
Runes, Potions, tradeskill items, other non-equipment drops should NOT be counted towards the actual epic drop.
[/EXTREMELY IMPORTANT]

Once you find out how many normal drops you obtain before getting an Epic (and what are the time intervals between your drops), then you'll know PRECISELY when you can expect and Epic. I've checked it and when I actually can be bothered with all the counting, I'm capable of approximating my epic drop time to ~10 minutes of real time (i.e. 30 minutes rrt on accel).

Why does this matter?

Around lvl 50 you can already enter the zones that I use for farming and I can help you get a boa (epic pet lvl 77) or whip of misery (epic whip lvl 74) or the 2h epic slasher (lvl 75). Moreover, if you know someone lvl 78-80, they can take you on an epic run in even higher level areas which drop pieces of the 78 armour (Great Plateau [GP] or Mt Whitecap [WC])! Each of theese items can be sold at a HIGH price on AH and the resulting profits may be used to purchase a LOT of lower-level epics that you / other clannies need to use.

A few things to note here - the times between drops may change depending on:
  • Whether you leveled recently (more than 1 lvl between drops).
  • Whether you're killing mobs with other players or solo.
  • Whether you've improved your plund recently (adventuring skill).
  • Whether you have equipped / unequipped the plun rune recently.
  • Whether Jeff feels like making you angry and decides that this time your drop will come on the 8th instead of 6th hour.

Overall, you SHOULD expect epics between your 10th and 12th drop. I usually get mine on the 11th, but there is some randomness involved. What is also important to note that your epic drops are more frequent on lower levels. The higher level you are, the less frequent your epic drops (unless you level your plun like CRAZY).

Let me know if you have any questions / comments.

Last edited by Baalrukh on Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:20 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : making post a sticky)
Back to top Go down
Baalrukh

Baalrukh

Clan Points : 28

Epics, epics... All about epic drops! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epics, epics... All about epic drops!   Epics, epics... All about epic drops! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:02 pm

For a semi-complete list of epic drops, please see:
Flashus' website

If there are any epics not listed there and you want to get them, please let me know.
I know that the 74 whip drops for sure in Ocean of Sorrows, Desert Dunes and Met Dun 1. Otherwise it's all covered.

The GENERAL RULE is that epics of +/- 2 levels drop from a given mob.
So that a mob level 20 can drop epics in the range of 18-22. Once in a blue moon it may be +/- 4 levels, but the general prevailing rule of thumb is +/- 2 levels.

Last edited by Esha on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)
Back to top Go down

Epics, epics... All about epic drops!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Union :: Nodiatis Help & Tutorials-
Jump to: